Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Welcome to RN Jo: Health Topics for Teens

Welcome to RN Jo: Health Topics for Teens. I'm Jo and a registered nurse. My desire is that you will learn information on a variety of health topics specially designed for teens ages 14-19. The goal of this blog is that you will learn many facets of personal and social health including: sexually transmitted diseases, sex and sexuality, mental health and bullying, teen pregnancy, safety, friendships and romantic relationships, parents, physical health, death and dying as well as others. Please feel free to make suggestions based on topics you are interested in.

A little about me: I am a registered nurse with eight months of experience. My ultimate goal is to work with newborn babies, but I have a special place in my heart for pediatrics (children of all ages). I am a mom of two children, one of whom was born the summer between my junior and senior years of high school. I am currently attending university to obtain my bachelor's degree in nursing and I work in a long-term care facility. My hobbies include crocheting and knitting, being with my kiddos, learning, reading, playing MMOs (when I have the time). I have a three month old German Shepherd puppy and a 5 year old Turkish Angora cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment